08 June 2007

Civil service families: You may have a house

The Star

PETALING JAYA: Family members of former government servants should check with the Treasury's Housing Loan Division. They could be owners of a house somewhere.

Division secretary Mohd Zaharil Kassim said the division had 687 grants for houses with fully paid government-housing loans which have yet to be claimed.

“I believe the grants mostly belong to former government servants who have died and their beneficiaries know nothing of this.”

Notices have been sent to their last known addresses informing them of the fully paid loans, but there has been no response.

He said those who take government loans should update their addresses if they move.

Updating addresses can be done at the Bahagian Pinjaman Perumahan, Perbendaharaan Malaysia, Tingkat 1, Blok 8, Kompleks Pejabat Kerajaan, Jalan Duta, 50592 Kuala Lumpur.

He said the division was improving on its information technology system known as End-to-End Financing System (ETEFS) and was scanning and imaging loan files, which could result in loan matters being slightly delayed.

Borrowers who face any problems can contact the following officers: Rahim Abu Bakar at 03-20982429, Ramli Mustafha at 03-20982848, or Mohd Zaharil at 03-20982849

No comments: